How to Report Compliance Concerns

Contact Your Supervisor

In most circumstances, a member of the MIT community with concerns about policy violatations or other compliance issues should first contact his or her immediate supervisor. 

Specific Office Contacts

To report employment issues or concerns, contact Human Resources.

To report environmental health or safety issues, contact EHS.

To report policy violations involving students, contact the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

To report harassment, discrimination, or sexual misconduct, contact the Institute Discrimination & Harassment Response Office.

To report concerns about research matters, contact the Office of the Vice President for Research.

For questions about legal issues affecting MIT, contact the Office of the General Counsel.

**For emergency situations, please contact MIT Police at 617-253-1212 or dial 100 from any MIT phone.

Confidential Resources for Reporting

The MIT Ombuds Office is an independent, confidential, neutral and informal resource for reporting concerns.
MIT has also established an anonymous hotline managed by Ethicspoint, a third party vendor. Members of the MIT community may file a report either by telephone or through an online form.
A separate Lincoln Lab hotline is maintained for employees and staff to report any concerns occurring at the Lab.
For general questions about where to report a concern, you may also contact Kate Miller, Institute Compliance Officer.